It is the policy of Morris Oil Co Ltd. to promote standards of Health and Safety in our workplace which will lead to the avoidance or reduction of risks of accident or illness, and to adopt the best practical methods of compliance with the following Acts and Regulations:
· Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Act 2005.
· Safety, Health and Welfare at Work (Construction) Regulations 2006.
· Safety, Health and Welfare at Work (General Application) Regulations 1993 & 2007.
· Road Traffic Acts 1961-2006.
· Road Transport Working Time Directive No. 2002/15/EC on the Organization of the Working Time of persons performing mobile road transport activities.
· EU Regulations 3821/85 and 561/2006-Tacho ADR -Carriage of Dangerous Goods by Road Regulations 2007.
Morris Oil strive to provide a safe and healthy working environment for all our employees, and to meet our obligations to contractors, visitors and members of the public who may be affected by our workplace operations. All Morris Oil Staff attend regular training courses to keep updated on new regulations and safety procedures.
The Management at Morris Oil recognises the paramount importance of safety, health and welfare, to all employees, in the successful conduct of business. Day to day management of health and safety on site is the responsibility of the Project Manager and the Safety Representative. Employees share a responsibility with management in ensuring their own safety while at work. Persons other than staff (e.g. visitors, contractors) also share in this responsibility. All members of staff will be made aware of and have access to this and a more detailed Safety Statement and arrangements for consultation with the staff representatives on health and safety matters will be an integral part of the company safety policy.
A full and more detailed safety statement is made available to all staff, and this Safety Statement will be subject to revision and is liable to amendment, if circumstances change. While the Safety Statement is management's programme, in writing, for safeguarding safety and health in the workplace, it is also a proactive document and is part of a wider continual improvement and learning process in the area of safety, health and welfare at work.